D easily overlooked?

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 02:27:19 PDT 2017

On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 08:57:17 UTC, Wulfklaue wrote:
> https://blog.sourced.tech/post/language_migrations/
>
> A recent article where github programming languages popularity
> and migration got analysed was very interesting but it showed
> one noticeable thing:
>
> A total lack of D even mentioned!!!
>
> [...]

Small initial community + no one paying for viral marketing will
do that.

> I know people will jump onboard and start yelling how D has
> very unique features but [...]

Au contraire (in my case)! I don't need unique features. What I
need is a language that allows me to express
abstractions/algorithms in a readable, concise manner with the
absolute minimum of fuss/time possible.
There's no such language (yet), of course, but D has been the
closest contender for a long time with Scala coming second (but
dropping out as it's not native).