VSCode plugins

Jerry via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 07:38:57 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 6 July 2017 at 16:23:06 UTC, WebFreak001 wrote:
> While this isn't such a big problem for me because most code
> was already in workspace-d,

How much is actually there though? Going by lines of code,
dlang-vscode is a total of ~2000 lines of code *less* than
code-d. That's not including workspace-d lines of code for code-d
as well. So it can provide the same features in far fewer lines
and with a less complex system. Having an extra process just
isn't worth it the abstraction you get cause it is so minimal. I
wouldn't be trying to abstract it even further, you are just over
complicating something for no reason. Keep it simple.