D easily overlooked?

bpr via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 09:51:29 PDT 2017

On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 09:02:58 UTC, Stefan Koch wrote:
> The beauty of D lies in it's holistic approach.
>
> The one unique feature to point out would be CTFE which is not
> to be found in other compiled langauges.

CTFE is found in Nim, as well as inline assembler. Relatively
easy to use AST macros are also found in Nim.

I don't know another language with full D-like scope guards.

I agree that it's the combination of features that make D
appealing. I generally think of D as "C++ done righter" and don't
think about specific unique features.