D easily overlooked?

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 11:32:55 PDT 2017

On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 15:13:23 UTC, Andrew Chapman wrote:

> I agree with the others that having no major company behind
> DLang is not helping from a money/resource/exposure point of
> view.  That said, there must be things we can do as a community
> to help improve the situation.
>
> I can imagine for example that the community could focus on
> particular sectors where D excels, and [...]

The primary issue isn't what *can* be done, but what *is going*
to be done:
People (including me) can be (reasonably) expected to spend their
free time on things that interest them; those don't usually
intersect with things that would make D more popular - not to
mention that D has still too many internal rough edges for me to
think making D significantly more popular at this point in time
is going to help us in the long run. I personally much prefer a
slow, steady growth until the internals (@nogc, shared, etc.)
have been sorted out.