D easily overlooked?

aberba via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 14 16:36:54 PDT 2017

On Friday, 14 July 2017 at 08:57:17 UTC, Wulfklaue wrote:
> https://blog.sourced.tech/post/language_migrations/
>

> I know people will jump onboard and start yelling how D has
> very unique features but from the "outside world" its always
> the same response. While more people are downloading D and
> trying it out, i barely see any independent D language blogs.

Maybe you havent't looked enough. I blog about D (basic stuff) at
http://aberba.com/#blog. I wrote one for Opensource.com at
https://opensource.com/article/17/5/d-open-source-software-development which received some positive feedback. There are other blog posts about D too.

> Not to be a downer but D really in my eyes is missing that
> "unique" feature that people care about, that allows people to
> blog about the language...
We care about the existing features done right that D has. In my
experience, people like D (syntax, features, CTFE, UFCS, modules,
etc.)... the only thing missing is that "we have more language
than [real world usage]" coined from what Andre said at DConf.

D is way better and addictive than how I found it in 2014. The
language and ecosystem keeps getting richer. I can't enjoy coding
in any other language than I do in D.