Slides share: DMesos - Not only a re-implementation of Mesos

Iain Buclaw via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 15 09:16:01 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 15 July 2017 at 15:40:38 UTC, 鲜卑拓跋枫 wrote:
> On Thursday, 13 July 2017 at 19:32:07 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> On Monday, 10 July 2017 at 17:29:01 UTC, 鲜卑拓跋枫 wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>    I am a D-language amateur from China, and just want to
>>> share you with a slides from me that post on MesosCon Asia
>>> 2017(Beijing):
>>>
>>> https://mesosconasia2017.sched.com/event/AZc6/dmesos-not-only-a-re-implementation-of-mesos-ce-feng-li-emc#
>>>    I do really wanna to implement the design or "dream" as
>>> described in this slides,
>>> your help and suggestion are very welcome!
>>>    Thanks!
>>>

>> GDC:
>>  - complete support armel, armhf
>>  - partial or bare-metal only support aarch64
>>

>> Only bare-metal? As far as I'm concerned, all targets have
>> full compiler support.  The druntime and phobos libraries less
>> so on that front. ;-)
>>
>> Iain.
>
> Such declaration is from the official D compilers wiki:
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Compilers
> It says the aarch64 support in GDC is not "Complete"...

Wikis tend to be a little behind, in any case I think baremetal
probably doesn't quite give that list justice. None of the
packages available on Debian (as listed by the wiki) are
baremetal targets, they all for Linux.  There's a few more levels
of language support that aren't made obvious:

  - Has a compiler.
  - Can build druntime.
  - Passes all compilable tests in the testsuite.
  - Passes druntime unittester
  - Can build phobos.
  - Passes all runnable tests in the testsuite.
  - Passes phobos unittester

Granted that the top marks only goes to x86 and Arm.

The others are not far behind, and have at least the first three
covered.

> Since D front-end for GCC 8 is on the way, maybe we could
> replace GDC with GCC soon...

D frontend for GCC and GDC are the same thing. ;-)

Iain.