Toward Go 2 (or D needs to collect experience reports)

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 15 09:24:54 PDT 2017

On Sat, 2017-07-15 at 04:29 +0000, Matt via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The one thing I got from that blog post is that the HN and reddit
> discussion was overwhelmingly about generics, and how the Go
> leadership seems to not give a damn about what its user community
> wants...

On the other hand, I wonder how many practicing Go programmers actually care
about things such as HN and Reddit?

On the Go mailing lists, generics comes up every so often and the thread
dies a death quite quickly. I think the view that "there is no sensible
semantics for generics that work with Go, and we have interface anyway" has
been accepted by the Go community at large. There is also go generate.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder     t:+44 20 7585 2200   voip:sip:
russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road   m:+44 7770 465 077   xmpp:russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK  w: www.russel.org.uk skype:russel_winder