D easily overlooked?

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 15 09:52:51 PDT 2017

On Sat, 2017-07-15 at 11:22 +0000, Mark via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]

> Well, at one point Andrei said that what is missing to make D's
> growth explosive is a strong corporate sponser [1]. This seemed
> sensible to me at the time and still seems sensible today. But I
> don't know what (if anything) can be done to increase the
> corporate community's interest in D.

Java has IBM, Oracle, Red Hat, many companies, and the JCP

C++ has Microsoft, Intel, many companies, and ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG21

Rust has Mozilla, and lots of companies thinking it beats C++.

Go has Google, Cloudflare, and many companies, mostly Web focussed.

Swift has Apple, and the entire iOS community.

D has ???

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder     t:+44 20 7585 2200   voip:sip:
russel.winder at ekiga.net
41 Buckmaster Road   m:+44 7770 465 077   xmpp:russel at winder.org.uk
London SW11 1EN, UK  w: www.russel.org.uk skype:russel_winder