DCompute development

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 16 03:58:26 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 16 July 2017 at 09:48:05 UTC, kerdemdemir wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to contribute if I can.
>
> I am a C++ developer partially pay attention to D whenever I
> have extra time. I did some scientific open source programming
> with D "https://github.com/kerdemdemir/YINS-FFT-DLANG".
> and join coding contests with D lang.
>
> I am also very interested with CUDA and GPU since I believe in
> the future coding will not be done only in CPU. Even simple
> programs will be a hybrid of CPU and GPU. I wrote some basic
> stuff like calculating covariance in C++ with using CUBLAS and
> trust.
>
> I am currently not very familiar neither with D nor with CUDA
> it been like 2 years I couldn't made anything since I had to
> finish my master thesis also.
>
> I want to ask now if I can contribute somehow even I am not in
> a good shape neither with GPU nor D anymore.
>
> Regards
> Erdem

Glad you're interested.

If you want to take a look at
https://github.com/libmir/dcompute/tree/master/source/dcompute/driver
and the the OpenCL Driver and start working on something similar
for CUDA that's be great.
There will be an article on the D blog soon and I'm sure that a
more concrete direction for the library will emerge from the
discussion on the forums/Reddit/HN.