State of the union on arch linux......

Elronnd via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 16 16:03:45 PDT 2017

Take a look at your /etc/dmd.conf.  It probably looks like this
right now:

[Environment32]
DFLAGS=-I/usr/include/dlang/dmd -L-L/usr/lib32 -L--export-dynamic
-fPIC

[Environment64]
DFLAGS=-I/usr/include/dlang/dmd -L-L/usr/lib -L--export-dynamic
-fPIC

Add "-defaultlib=libphobos2.so" to the end of both of those lines
so it looks like this:

[Environment32]
DFLAGS=-I/usr/include/dlang/dmd -L-L/usr/lib32 -L--export-dynamic
-fPIC -defaultlib=libphobos2.so

[Environment64]
DFLAGS=-I/usr/include/dlang/dmd -L-L/usr/lib -L--export-dynamic
-fPIC -defaultlib=libphobos2.so

As for GDC, when I complained about it, instead of updating it
they removed
(https://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/x86_64/gdc/) it.  I
updated the PKGBUILD, though, and just now adopted the AUR
package (https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/gdc/).  I'm in the
process of updating it now, it should be up in few minutes.