State of the union on arch linux......

Anton Fediushin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 17 04:37:52 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 16 July 2017 at 22:53:09 UTC, Andy Smith wrote:
> Is the state of affairs really this bad on Arch? Or is there a
> HOWTO where I can get up and running with all three compilers?

dmd installed with `pacman -S dmd` works for me. But it's 2.074,
so I installed 2.074.1 with the script.

On Sunday, 16 July 2017 at 23:14:53 UTC, Seb wrote:
> https://github.com/dlang-snaps/dmd.snap

It doesn't work on Arch Linux, see
https://github.com/dlang-snaps/dmd.snap/issues/11
Reason is, snapd in Arch Linux doesn't support "classic" packages
yet. As soon as it's fixed, everything should work fine, but I
haven't found any topics on Arch Linux forums, Snap forums or
snapd repository issues about this problem.

On Sunday, 16 July 2017 at 23:14:53 UTC, Seb wrote:
> See also:
> http://forum.dlang.org/post/vjpawnhzfvxffvsiojuf@forum.dlang.org
> tl;dr: The Arch developers recently switched to enforcing PIE
> and they didn't care about updating dmd (even though we pinged
> them).

Nobody wants to maintain it, but AUR package cannot be created
too. For now it isn't a big deal, but as soon as 2.075 is
released, we should ping them again