State of the union on arch linux......

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 19 20:59:17 PDT 2017

On Monday, 17 July 2017 at 13:11:24 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Monday, 17 July 2017 at 11:37:52 UTC, Anton Fediushin wrote:
>
>> Nobody wants to maintain it, but AUR package cannot be created
>> too. For now it isn't a big deal, but as soon as 2.075 is
>> released, we should ping them again
>
> I think there should be a PKGBUILD in the downloads section on
> dlang.org. Even better would be a package, if someone
> knowledgeable is willing to make it. We could be waiting a long
> time if we rely on pinging them.

Okay, I created dmd-beta on the AUR. It's a drop-in replacement
package for dmd, but updated to 2.075.0 and built with PIC=1. So
static linking, which is used by default, (should) work.

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/dmd-beta

Please when let me know when you encounter issues.

I still hope that the TU finally get around rebuilding dmd...