New Garbage Collector?

Temtaime via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 23 02:34:09 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 22 July 2017 at 16:35:03 UTC, Igor Shirkalin wrote:
> On Saturday, 22 July 2017 at 10:17:49 UTC, Temtaime wrote:
>> On Saturday, 22 July 2017 at 04:53:17 UTC, aedt wrote:
>>> In the forum, I saw a thread about someone working on a new
>>> GC. Just wanted to know if there's any updates on that. And
>>> what issues is it going to fix..
>>>
>>> Personally, I would be greatly delighted if it acknowledges
>>> the Stop-The-World problem[1]. Going around it is shown not
>>> to be impossible[2]. I do understand it's not trivial task
>>> but how is the community/core devs supporting this?
>>>
>>> [1] https://dlang.org/spec/garbage.html
>>> [2] https://hub.docker.com/r/nimlang/nim/
>>
>> The new precise GC will be never added to druntime.
>> It is dead, man.
>
> Are you real developer of new GC?

I am that who sees _no progress_ for many years. Current
implementation does memory leaks, works slow and has some other
disadvantages.
But no one of the « real » developers sees reason to rewrite the
gc, because they want to play with theirs toys bringing new not
so essential stuff to the d.
And we will suffer from this many years.