Redox + D

Suliman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 26 00:29:20 PDT 2017

I think most of people have heard about https://redox-os.org It
is pretty modern micro-kernel OS written in Rust. I am not Rust
fan, but if it solve some low-level task and allow to build on
top of it more hight-level tools why not to use it?

Now it have port of GCC, Python and some other languages. Few
days ago I wrote to Michael Aaron Murphy, man who did port of GCC
and asked him about D. Here is his answer:

"I wouldn't count out Rust as being too low level, as it has a
lot of high level abstractions, and crates to provide even higher
level abstractions for more specific fields. That said, when
Redox becomes self-hosting, it should be capable of running any
software that depends on libc, D included"