Silent error when using hashmap

FatalCatharsis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 26 17:51:21 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 00:48:48 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> FatalCatharsis wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 00:34:28 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>>> wrap the whole event handler function in `try/catch` block,
>>> and print it there. after all, this is what Dmain does, and
>>> so can you. having *full* stack trace has no sense there
>>> anyway, as you know for sure that event handler is called by
>>> windows, not by you (and usually from your event loop anyway,
>>> so detailed stack trace has little useful info).
>>
>> I tried that like so:
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/FatalCatharsis/39c5f35ae78ecd5399eebe0fb2491004
>>
>> I put exception blocks both around main and around the
>> invocation of the hash lookup and still get no printouts
>> anywhere, including at the beginning and end of main.
>
> 'cause you never printed anything.

the writeln("start"); and writeln("end"); in main. This is what I
meant by printing. These do not appear in the output. The
programs starts and immediately ends without printing "start" and
"end". I did not put an output in the exception handler of the
WndProc because writeln can throw and the function is marked
nothrow. All I as trying to do there was get it to recover.