DIP 1012--Attributes--Preliminary Review Round 1

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 27 08:40:01 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 14:58:22 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:

> _Why_ it works like that I have no idea.

I thought that the attributes were just using the same behavior
as public/private/etc.

Anyway, isn't that the same type of behavior this DIP is
suggesting? There is an @nogc module foo; example in the DIP that
has a gc function included and doesn't say anything about it
being an error.

The DIP has a list of attributes not encompassed, but there are
missing attributes from [1]. For instance, the visibility
attributes are not encompassed, but that is not mentioned. In
this case, they are grouped and have a default (public) and an
opposite (private). However, it would break a lot of code to
force them to use @. Might be useful to mention why not included.

https://dlang.org/spec/attribute.html