DIP 1012--Attributes--Preliminary Review Round 1

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 27 09:56:14 PDT 2017

Mike Parker wrote:

> DIP 1012 is titled "Attributes".
>
> https://github.com/dlang/DIPs/blob/master/DIPs/DIP1012.md
>
> All review-related feedback on and discussion of the DIP should occur in
> this thread. The review period will end at 11:59 PM ET on August 10 (3:59
> AM GMT August 11), or when I make a post declaring it complete.
>
> At the end of Round 1, if further review is deemed necessary, the DIP
> will be scheduled for another round. Otherwise, it will be queued for the
> formal review and evaluation by the language authors.
>
> Thanks in advance to all who participate.
>
> Destroy!

didn't get the rationale of the DIP at all. the only important case --
attribute cancelation -- is either missing, or so well-hidden that i didn't
found it (except fast mention). everything other looks like atronautical
complexity for the sake of having some "abstract good" (that is, for all my
years of using D as the only lanugage i'm writing code into, i never had
any need to "group defaults" or something -- only to selectively cancel attrs).

tl;dr: ketmar absolutely didn't got what this DIP is about.