DIP 1012--Attributes--Preliminary Review Round 1

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 27 11:06:41 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 27 July 2017 at 17:35:34 UTC, Adrian Matoga wrote:

> I don't want to see monsters like
> "@core.attribute.GarbageCollectedness.inferred" as part of any
> declaration, ever.
> I agree that the problem is valid, but I don't think adding the
> complexity and verboseness presented in the DIP can solve it.

I think those are only for overwriting @nogc module, but the DIP
should be more clear on this matter. I would assume you can
import core.attribute to simplify that.

Also, the DIP doesn't provide names for the attribute groups for
the other ones. I assume GarbageCollectedness is just named that
for the purpose of the example and is something that could be
changed. Ideally, it would provide the names for each of the
different groups as part of the DIP.