D easily overlooked?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 27 11:55:42 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 26 July 2017 at 22:18:37 UTC, kinke wrote:
> My point was improving vs. complaining. Both take some analysis
> to figure out an issue, but then some people step up and try to
> help improving things and some just let out their frustration,
> wondering why noone has been working on that particular
> oh-so-obvious thing, and possibly drop out, like all the
> like-minded guys before them.

Yeah, providing details about what failed so that others can
improve on it if they want to is of course a sensible thing to
do, but I think most of such "complaints" could be avoided by
being up-front explicit about what a tool does well and what it
doesn't do well.

If I use a product and it breaks in an unexpected way I assume
that not only that part is broken but that a lot of other parts
are broken as well, i.e. I would assume it was alpha quality. And
then the provider would be better off by marking it as such.