DIP 1012--Attributes--Preliminary Review Round 1

Olivier FAURE via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 28 01:23:15 PDT 2017

On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 01:30:28 UTC, sarn wrote:
> To be totally honest, as it stands it feels like architecture
> astronautics:
> https://www.joelonsoftware.com/2001/04/21/dont-let-architecture-astronauts-scare-you/

Yeah, I think you nailed it. This DIP does seem to come from a
'what is the smartest, most elegant system I can design' logic; I
don't see much value in it as something that would solve problems.

That's not to say that the rationale should be explained better,
or the examples should be different, or this or that paragraph
should be tweaked. I think this proposal is fundamentally flawed
for the reasons Jonathan M Davis outlined.