How do you use D?

O/N/S (Ozan) via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 29 02:44:49 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 29 July 2017 at 04:21:43 UTC, Shannon wrote:
> On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 14:58:01 UTC, Ali wrote:
>> How do you use D?

At my leisure time, I use it to build real-time apps (fast,
faster, fastest ;-)

At work, we use it for web-based stuff like apps in the cloud
foundry.
The big challenge for D is the small code base, lot of unfinished
libs, low numbers of CPUs support, and tiny community compared to
other languages.

A typical discussion at work:
"Did you hear about D?"
"What's this"
"A C-like language with more state-of-the-art syntax and
functionalities. More secure, faster, more flexible compared to
C, C++"
"Is it strategic? Are other companies using it? Any light tower
apps?..."
"No, yet, but.."
"Let's go to work with C/C++/Java/Javascript/PHP/Python...!"

The point is, if you has the experience with other languages
before, and you discover D (in my case it was an article in a
german IT magazine), you don't like to go back. But you have to
make the first step forward.

Regards, Ozan