How do you use D?

David Gileadi via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 29 10:42:33 PDT 2017

On 7/29/17 3:05 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> In 2004 maybe "D as better C++" was a good line. In 2017 "D is a
> general purpose programming language that allow faster development time
> than C++, Go, and Rust" is a far better line?

This is what attracts me to D--it's easy to write, clean to read, and
super powerful. However the "faster development time" is a bit marred by
D's current ecosystem: it's faster/easier than other languages in
certain domains, but lack of libraries/integration make it a tough
choice in other domains (like mobile). And we have fairly regular
complaints on the forum about the new-to-D experience (and good on them
for taking the time to post about it here!). If I had free time for D
I'd be trying to work on improving those things.