Bad array indexing is considered deadly

Dukc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 1 14:26:41 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 1 June 2017 at 18:29:53 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> What's missing here is looking carefully at a program and
> deciding what are input (and environmental) errors and what are
> program bugs. The former are recoverable, the latter are not.
>
> [...]

I think he understood all that already. Array overflow is a sign
of a bug, which must not be left to slip past.

But I think the point was that it causes so big amount of work
-the whole program- to abort. Potentially thousands of customers
could lose connection to server because of that. He wishes that
just the connection in question crashed, so other users using
other, likely bugless, parts of the program would not be
disturbed.

Personally I have no opinion of this right now, save that it's
definitely a tough sounding question.