Benchmark

Robert burner Schadek via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 2 14:56:47 PDT 2017

On Friday, 2 June 2017 at 18:51:24 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> That's indeed worth it. Robert, we discussed first deploying
> the library and a driver for dmd/druntime/phobos on dub, is
> this your plan? Thanks! -- Andrei

I think a practical approach is to create another dub project
that solely consists of benchmarks for functions of phobos, and
prints pretty pictures of their performance.
This will properly help to find shortcomings of the benchmark
library, and help to develop idioms for benchmarking and random
testing.
If that works out, the next step is properly to integrate that in
the phobos/druntime/dmd CI. Which properly means putting the
benchmark library through the experimental integration process,
and finding a place for the benchmarks to life.