C++17 cannot beat D surely

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 5 00:27:38 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 3 June 2017 at 22:00:56 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> > I'd say this deserves a blog post but it would be too short.
>
> I made many good friends at C++Now. Some of them know Atila
> from CppCon and other C++ conferences. (Beer involved. :) )
> They told me Atila would routinely tell them during C++
> presentations "This wouldn't be a talk at a DConf; it's a
> language feature in D." :)

Beer involved. Conference. And they knew _me_? *Shocked*

:P

There were two distinct talks at CppCon2017 involving some
seriously crazy C++ metaprogramming that I said that about. Very
interesting how they made the compiler bend over backwards, very
high-level stuff. Then when everyone was leaving the room I
couldn't help but think that nobody would even mention those
techniques in D, you'd get the job done in 5min.

Atila