Concept proposal: Safely catching error

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 5 03:09:30 PDT 2017

Olivier FAURE wrote:

> What do you think? Does the idea have merit? Should I make it into a DIP?

tbh, i think that it adds Yet Another Exception Rule to the language, and
this does no good in the long run. "oh, you generally cannot do that,
except if today is Friday, it is rainy, and you've seen pink unicorn at the
morning." the more exceptions to general rules language has, the more it
reminds Dragon Poker game from Robert Asprin books. any exception will
usually have a strong rationale behind it, of course, so it will be a
little reason to not accept it, especially if we had accepted some
exceptions before. i think it is better to not follow that path, even if
this one idea looks nice.