bug? floating point precision with std.format

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 5 10:28:38 PDT 2017

On Monday, June 05, 2017 13:23:38 Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 6/5/17 12:29 PM, Seb wrote:
> > You do realize that you have used "s" in the D version?
>
> Yes, I thought it was a stand in for "use the type to determine the
> specifier", and I mistakenly assumed that would be 'f', since that's
> what I've always used for floating point. Apparently it is 'g', which
> behaves as I have shown.

I always assumed that it just meant "convert to string" and that it did
basically the same thing that to!string would do, in which case, doing
something like passing a number to it like you did would not be legal.
Clearly, I never read the docs. :)

- Jonathan M Davis