DMD is now part of the doc pages on dlang.org

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 6 18:13:58 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 7 June 2017 at 00:29:24 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
> No idea how much work it is to add another section specifically
> for the front end, but the front end docs really don't belong
> co-mingled with the phobos and library directories.  It's part
> of neither.

Not that much:

1) Ddoc: adjust DOC_OUTPUT_DIR for dmd-release and dmd-prerelease

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/blob/master/posix.mak#L374

2) Ddox: (a bit more complicated)

- split the dmd modules into a separate docs-dmd.json and
docs-dmd-prerelease.json

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/blob/master/posix.mak#L507

- Add the DDoc generation target (aka as sitemap XML + htaccess)
without creating too much duplication

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/blob/master/posix.mak#L478

3) Add menu links to it

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/blob/master/dlang.org.ddoc#L243

I just went with dumping it at /phobos{,-prerelease} and
/library{,-prerelease} because this was the easiest.