DIP 1007--"future symbol"--Formal Review

Olivier FAURE via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 7 06:47:41 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 7 June 2017 at 10:36:05 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> The first stage of the formal review for DIP 1007 [1], "'future
> symbol' Compiler Concept", is now underway. From now until
> 11:59 PM ET on June 21 (3:59 AM GMT on June 22), the community
> has the opportunity to provide last-minute feedback. If you
> missed the preliminary review [2], this is your chance to
> provide input.

This has probably been said somewhere before, but could you give
a short explanation of what the formal review is, and how it's
supposed to be different from the preliminary review? Thank you
in advance.

Otherwise, the whole DIP seems pretty well thought-out to me. I
particularly like the idea of a core-only @__future attribute,
that can be replaced with a globally available @future attribute
eventually.