sqlite3 vs. sqlite-d

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 8 08:13:26 PDT 2017

On Thu, 2017-06-08 at 14:55 +0000, Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 8 June 2017 at 13:37:41 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
>
> > Exactly my point. Using SQLAlchemy made me actually enjoy
> > writing database code. Which I did last year having avoided it
>
> Using ORM like SQLAlchemy certainly has benefits but like any
> other ORM, it generates hideous SQL code, sometimes terribly
> slow...

SQLAlchemy is not just an ORM, though there is an ORM, there is also
the expression language which is an internal DSL for writing SQL.

Also the authors of SQLAlchemy do optimise the generated SQL. Though
obviously if you are needing the optimal dark corner optimisation of
Oracle 11.2.0.4 say, then you are on your own.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk