Makefile experts, unite!

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 12 13:04:22 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:41:13PM +0300, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> ~20MB, >2000 source files.
[...]

Toy project. :-D ;-)  The project I work on has more than 78,000 files,
of which more than 50,000 are source code.

> and for pathological 800MB use cases... don't do that. you obviously
> don't need to have thing thing as a one huge project (althru i'm sure
> that k8jam can do it).
[...]

Unfortunately, I don't get to make this decision; I'm only an employee.

Besides, putting everything in an 800MB source tree is actually
necessary because this is software for an embedded system -- we have to
basically build the entire OS along with all its utilities and other
application software that will run on it.

ASCII stupid question, getty stupid ANSI.