Makefile experts, unite!

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 12 21:45:26 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 11 June 2017 at 19:17:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Phobos' posix.mak offers the ability to only run unittests for
> one module:
>
> make std/range/primitives.test BUILD=debug -j8
>
> ... or package:
>
> make std/range.test BUILD=debug -j8
>
> It runs module tests in parallel and everything. This is
> definitely awesome. But say I misspell things by using a dot
> instead of the slash:
>
> make std.range.test BUILD=debug -j8
>
> Instead of an error, I get a no-op result that looks like
> success. How can that situation be converted to an error?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

I've shared this same frustration.  I once took a stab at
creating a "DMake" system, where you could use standard MAKE
syntax, or D code side by side.  I never finished it but you can
find the concept here.  If there is interest I'd be willing to
finish it.

https://github.com/marler8997/dmake