Makefile experts, unite!

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 13 14:06:04 PDT 2017

Ralph Amissah wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 11 2017, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
> And where do existing D build systems fit into the picture, I seem to
> recall this general discussion around the announcement of "button", which
> seems interesting, potentially awesome even:
>
> Button announcement
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/uhozcvatvyztfuhivrjq@forum.dlang.org

"tracing system calls". a no-no for any general solution. no sane person
with even rudimentary care for privaly will give *build* *system*
privileges for injecting .so libraries or trace system calls.

actually, requiring such privileges is my main objection agains any "modern
automagic build system".