Isn't it about time for D3?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 14 13:35:15 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 14 June 2017 at 12:22:36 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> If a code is to be left untouched but the compiler not archived
> then the code must be recompiled and amended as needed with
> each new compiler that is accepted in the workflow.

I don't disagree with the general sentiment than one have to
evolve the codebase along with the tooling, but if C, C++, Python
and JavaScript didn't provide backwards compatibility in their
maintained "production lines" then I most likely wouldn't use
them and switch to something more stable...

So, I have no problem with Python going to Pyton3.x, as long as
they update and maintain Python 2.7...