Isn't it about time for D3?

Ola Fosheim Grostad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 15 05:44:42 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 14 June 2017 at 22:01:38 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> It's a bigger problem for D than for those languages. If you
> introduce too many changes, the tools stop working, and we
> don't have the manpower to fix them. The same goes for
> libraries. A language with a larger group of developers, like
> Python, can be less conservative about breaking changes and not
> have it disrupt the ecosystem.

Yes, on the other hand, if you reach a stable version and stop
adding features then you can focus on and reach maturity... Then
leave the new features to the unstable version.

If you keep adding features to a stable branch then maturity is
perpetually out of reach. I think Go gained a lot of ground from
focusing on maturity over features.