Help compiling discord bot from dub, vibe.d linker errors

Sebastiaan Koppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 15 12:48:58 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 15 June 2017 at 15:50:06 UTC, Anonymouse wrote:
> I wanted to make a Hello World discord bot, and I found
> dscord[1] on dub. It even has an example bot Jeff[2], but it
> won't build. The machine is running Manjaro/Arch linux x64.
>
> Is that vibe.d not linking with openssl? There are more errors
> but it would be a bit long to paste them all.
>
> [1]: https://code.dlang.org/packages/dscord
> [2]: https://github.com/b1naryth1ef/jeff

vibe.d is using the deimos openssl bindings, and those are
outdated. See [1]

While vibe.d can use botan instead of openssl, due to an open bug
with dub, it won't work. I do have a PR [2] fixing it, but it
ain't pretty. Also, consider [3] as workaround.

[1] https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/issues/1758
[2] https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/1148
[2] https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/pull/1769