Isn't it about time for D3?

Sebastien Alaiwan via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 15 22:16:18 PDT 2017

On Thursday, 15 June 2017 at 18:02:54 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
>> We need automatic deterministic destruction (and we partially
>> have it, using scope(exit) and structs RAII).
> Not sure what exactly you are expecting, tbh.

I'm not advocating for a language change here.
As I said, we already have some deterministic destruction (the
rest being the GC).

> Why are you even talking about the GC when your problem seems
> to require deterministic lifetime management. That's not what a
> GC does, and thus it's the wrong tool for the job.

I don't have a programming problem ; I'm fine with unique and
scoped!

I just wanted to make a point about how even GC-languages still
benefit from some extra automatic and deterministic means of
resource management.