Templated Lists

Jolly James via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 16 17:44:39 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 17 June 2017 at 00:28:50 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 06/16/2017 05:02 PM, Jolly James wrote:
> If I did well on my quick research, C#'s generic lists are
> exactly that. :)

C#'s generics allow to specify one datatype T that is used, some
kind of similar to a template. So, a generic list can contain
only elements of type T. That what makes it generic is that M$
had to implement this class only once and now it can be used with
any datatype by simply specifying  it ( → List<int> ).

> With std.algorithm.remove:
>
> import std.algorithm;
>
> void main() {
>     auto arr = [ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ];
>
>     arr = arr.remove(5);            // Removes element at index
> 3
>     assert(arr == [ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ]);
>
>     arr = arr.remove!(e => e % 2);  // Removes elements with
> odd values
>     assert(arr == [ 2, 4 ]);
> }

Thank you very much :)