Official D Contributors

Mike B Johnson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 17 01:33:18 PDT 2017

It would be nice to see all the hard workers who have helped D
become what has become and are helping it become what it will be
get noticed for there hard work(effectively they have given money
to the D foundation through their time).

Is this being done? I think the regulars that have been around
should get noticed and supported for their support. The D
foundation should try to repay them at some point if possible(in
the near or distant future)... but having official recognition is
the start.

As far as I can tell, the core D team(which is basically Walter
and Andrei?), while appreciating the time and money others have
put in, kinda take it for granted, so to speak.

It isn't about stroking peoples ego's, but about compensating
them for their somewhat selfless dedication. After all, it was a
choice they made, and they sacrificed their time, money, family
time, livelihood, etc to support one persons project or vision
without any desires to be compensated. While the money may not be
there, it's not much work to make something official. I am not
proposing awards or any gimmicks like that but something more
from the heart.