Official D Contributors

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 17 02:40:46 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 17 June 2017 at 08:33:18 UTC, Mike B Johnson wrote:
> It would be nice to see all the hard workers who have helped D
> become what has become and are helping it become what it will
> be get noticed for there hard work(effectively they have given
> money to the D foundation through their time).

I think this is a great idea! I like the way Rust approaches this
by listing the names of all contributors who helped for each
release:

https://blog.rust-lang.org/2017/02/02/Rust-1.15.html

https://thanks.rust-lang.org

> Is this being done? I think the regulars that have been around
> should get noticed and supported for their support. The D
> foundation should try to repay them at some point if
> possible(in the near or distant future)... but having official
> recognition is the start.

I run a tiny Vibe.d service that shows a list of all contributors
for each Phobos module based on the git history.
It's integrated with dlang.org and visible at the bottom of each
module e.g.

https://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm.html

Source:
https://github.com/wilzbach/phobos-contribs