D needs to get its shit together!

Moritz Maxeiner via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 17 16:14:24 PDT 2017

On Saturday, 17 June 2017 at 22:57:46 UTC, Mark wrote:
> On Friday, 16 June 2017 at 13:14:46 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
>> If you are interested in donations, there is such
>> infrastructure, it's called the D Foundation.
>
> I imagine that it's not possible to make donations to the
> foundation that are restricted for the use of advancing a
> specific aspect of the language (e.g. tooling).

IANAL, but if you tie a monetary exchange to a specific service,
it's not a donation, but payment for services (to be) rendered.

> I don't know if anyone is looking at the state of the ecosystem
> from the persepctive of a corporation considering whether or
> not to use D for some project.

I would imagine the people at Sociomantic do.

> Of course, such a perspective is immaterial if there is little
> community interest in corporate adaption of D...

People who work on/with something in their free time for their
own purposes are imho (rightfully) unlikely to care about
catering to third party corporate interests.