Isn't it about time for D3?

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 18 06:09:40 PDT 2017

> Here are some ways that D3 can be an improvement of D2:
> -Final by default
> -A standard library that is effective with or without garbage
> collection

100% OK about the optional garbage collector, but I have to
totally disagree with you on the "final by default" approach.

The current design keeps the code open to extension, in a
perfectly complementary way to UFCS.

They are both incredibly useful, and are part of what makes D2
perfectly work as a strongly-typed JavaScript-like scripting
language.

(I just had another proof of that this morning, see my recent
post.)

And dropping C++ compatibility is a complete non-sense IMHO.

If you want more people using D, its interoperability with C and
C++ should instead be improved, so that D applications can
quickly and easily use any C/C++ 3D/2D/VR/audio multimedia
libraries for instance...