Advertise D's great compatibilty with JavaScript

Ecstatic Coder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 18 11:19:00 PDT 2017

> I don't think that's a good selling point. The obvious reply is
> "but why should I use an unknown language like D if I could
> just use node.js and share the client and server code?".

> I don't think that's a good selling point. The obvious reply is
> "but why should I use an unknown language like D if I could
> just use node.js and share the client and server code?".

Ok, I could agree with you.

For instance using the same JavaScript code for the server-side
version of Pendown would avoid me the dual maintenance.

But the D version runs so much faster !!!

And I also agree that some people, including me, liked the
expressiveness of JavaScript and Node.js, but not its MANY design
and implementation flaws !!!

This is why I've actually converted ALL my old node.js command
line tools to D over the last few months.

My github repo is full of them...

Because D really "feels" like JavaScript, it was very easy to
convert all my Node.js scripts to D.

And the resulting tools are all better than before, because D is
both JavaScript and C++ done right, fixing all their major flaws
in the same time.

That's why I always say that D feels like a "strongly-typed
super-powered JavaScript".

It's clearly a SUPERIOR and BETTER alternative to JavaScript to
implement text manipulation tools.

And btw I'm still waiting to find something I really dislike in
D...