There really needs to be some moderation

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 18 14:01:10 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 20:04:48 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> I strongly disagree about deletion and banning.  The moment you
> start removing dissenting opinions, you move towards a bubble
> where you get isolated from the world.  These people are
> detailing real frustrations that they had, albeit in a shrill
> manner, feedback that doesn't hurt.
>
> As for their posts affecting corporate perception, better they
> see the truth now and know what they're getting into, rather
> than the companies coming in here and ranting later, only to
> get their posts deleted too! :D

Couldn't have said it better.

Though I just filed [Add some Hackernews-like ranking and
upvoting](https://github.com/CyberShadow/DFeed/issues/84) because
relevance and not wasting people's time matters.

> Finally, my point was that since D is not at the stage where it
> has corporate support to polish it up to the sheen you want,
> perhaps it's better to keep away the kind of users who want
> that level of integration.  That's not to say they're "less,"
> but that D is not ready for them yet.
>
> We all hope D gets there someday, but maybe it's not yet ready
> to make that leap.

You have quite a good point there, that said the Windows
experience is fairly bad, no point about it. That's mostly
because VisualStudio integration is required, be it for their
linker and libc only, and that isn't too well done.