There really needs to be some moderation

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 18 14:07:41 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 20:42:55 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 6/18/17 11:04 PM, Joakim wrote:
>> I strongly disagree about deletion and banning.  The moment
>> you start removing dissenting opinions, you move towards a
>> bubble where you get isolated from the world.
> Foul or abusive language has nothing to do with dissenting.
> It's really simple - using unprofessional language that could
> get you fired from a workplace is not accepted here. Thanks. --
> Andrei

I don't see any foul or abusive language in the post bachmeier
quoted, nor did bachmeier say that was his concern, so we weren't
talking about that.

These are two new users who are unhappy with the state of D and
unfortunately larding a lot of attitude into their complaints,
which is why I've largely ignored them.  That may be accepted if
they're paying up the butt to use D, but they're getting it for
free, so why deal with their entitlement and potentially escalate
the situation?

But even if there were foul or abusive language, which we may
disagree on whether the posts in this thread qualify as, I'd only
consider the extreme measures cited after repeated warning, as
such removals are then often abused to silence criticism.  We may
not like the strong way they worded it, but post deletion and the
banhammer should really be reserved for extreme situations.  I
don't think this qualifies.