There really needs to be some moderation

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 18 14:36:07 PDT 2017

On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 21:06:07 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 June 2017 at 21:01:10 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> You have quite a good point there, that said the Windows
>> experience is fairly bad, no point about it. That's mostly
>> because VisualStudio integration is required, be it for their
>> linker and libc only, and that isn't too well done.
>
> Is it possible to use lld on Windows?  I never tried it myself.
> https://lld.llvm.org/

They say it's mostly done:

https://lld.llvm.org/windows_support.html

kinke integrated the Windows support in the latest ldc beta, so
that you can cross-compile and link with ldc and lld to Windows
from any other ldc/lld-supported platform, like macOS or linux,
provided you have the MSVC libc available for executables or
shared libraries (libc not needed for static libraries of course):

https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/releases/tag/v1.3.0-beta2