D needs to get its shit together!

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 18 15:05:11 PDT 2017

On Friday, 16 June 2017 at 11:50:20 UTC, Wulfklaue wrote:
> Maybe that is the same reason why D has a issue drawing in new
> non-C/C++ developers?

What's your evidence for this?  I'm curious.  Not that the
composition of new adopters matters particularly - it's just
interesting to know.

> Well, i do not have the time. Want me to donate? Does that
> solve the issue. No ... because there is no clear
> infrastructure in place to actually hire people to work on the
> language and the environment.

If you're serious, put up some money and maybe I can match it
(and there is a decent chance one or two other larger commercial
users might contribute also).  One doesn't need much
infrastructure to organise things, BTW.  I have a private gitlab
instance and a way to pay people and we're already trying to make
the ecosystem a better in modest ways - for example we have
already contributed back our internal changes on our own fork to
dub.