D and Meson

Mike B Johnson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 19 05:21:24 PDT 2017

On Wednesday, 14 June 2017 at 15:25:55 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> Using Meson for D projects is so wonderful. If SCons is to
> catch up a lot of work is needed, and I am increasingly
> worrying it isn't worth it. So much so that I am wondering if
> adding Dub package getting support to Meson should be a higher
> priority that finishing adding it to SCons. Of course this is
> only worth doing if Meson gets "all source at once" builds or
> all D compilers spontaneously fix all versions so that
> unit-threaded can work with "file at a time" builds.
>
> If the person running the D support for Meson is on this list
> please contact me privately to tell me what I can do to help
> progress that support further.

Funny: "The main design point of Meson is that every moment a
developer spends writing or debugging build definitions is a
second wasted. So is every second spent waiting for the build
system to actually start compiling code."

Which is in direct contradiction to what Walter has said... and
yet Walter is suppose to be all about fast cars and hot women.