dmd -betterC

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 19 19:55:18 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 at 01:51:26 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Is getting a whole lot better:

It looks to me that this patch does two things:

1) -betterC now implies -defaultlib=
2) -betterC omits the call to _d_dso_registry

And I see a previous patch is also in there that uses C's
`assert` instead of D's with -betterC. (frankly, I like the C one
better anyway!)

So these are baby steps toward making -betterC actually useful,
but just baby steps.

To all, I'd hold off on posting this to external forums until
more of the open bugzilla issues are changed (I saw Walter
tagging them earlier today, so I know they are on his radar).

Importantly, at a minimum, structs need to just work with
`-betterC` before I'd announce it to the outside world. Once that
happens, then I think we have something to talk about.... so
getting closer, but not quite to the point where I'm excited yet.