Replacing Make for the DMD build

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 20 12:38:14 PDT 2017

On Tuesday, 20 June 2017 at 19:06:05 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
(Abscissa) wrote:
> On 06/19/2017 04:06 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>> Reggae is D's pitch in the CMake and Meson class of meta-build
>> tools.
>> Why aren't all the D compiler and tool developments using it?
>
> I'm convinced a big part of that is because DUB is ubiquitous
> and incredibly helpful in the D world for package management,
> but plays very poorly with any build system that isn't DUB's
> internal one.

While the dub documentation is not always the best, it seems to
me to be in a better state than reggae's. I've heard about reggae
a bit on the forum, but I never really made any attempt to try to
use it. dub seems a lot simpler for small projects.

Maybe Atila could do a blog post with some simple examples and
compare/contrast with dub?